top of page

The 17th Armored Engineer Battalion was a part of the 2nd Armored Division "Hell on Wheels". During World War II, they were active in North African Campaign, and Western Europe Campaign. 17th Armored Engineer Battalion was founded on 1 October 1933 as part of the US Army. First called 17th Engineer Battalion (Heavy Ponton), Motorized. It was renamed on 10 July 1940 to 17th Engineer Battalion (Armored) and assigned to the 2nd Armored Division. The unit became active and started training 15 July 1940 at Fort Benning, Georgia. Renamed again on 8 January 1942 as the 17th Armored Engineer Battalion. The Battalion is now based at Fort Hood, Texas. The battalion's motto was We pave the way.[1] Tasks of the 17 included construction and demolition under combat conditions, constructing and breaching trenches, tank traps and other fortifications, bunker construction, bridge and road construction, and building destruction bridges and other physical work in the battlefield whenever needed. They also laid and cleared land mines. The 17th facilitated the movement and support of friendly forces while slowing down the enemy's forces.[2]

17th Armored Engineer Battalion

Productcode: 0102
1.650,00 € Normale prijs
1.485,00 €Verkoopprijs
  • The flag will be sold with custom frame to protect the flag

  • Ask for shipping costs & safety sending!

bottom of page